There are 10 key bible verses for overcoming fear. Every child of God can overcome fear by commitment to God’s word. Fear is not the nature of God and every child of God is born with God’s nature. Fear is the expectation of evil and faith is the based on trust in God’s word.
What is Fear
Fear is the expectation of evil. There are about 365 bible verses telling you not to fear – this tells you that you absolutely don’t have to fear. You can absolutely live 100% free from fear – absolutely never be afraid ever again.
What are 10 key bible verses and guidance for overcoming fear?
- Be secure in God’s love. You won’t be afraid when you are certain that God loves you. Imagine a kid in the playgroup with bullies, once the kid knows that his father is around and his father will protect him – this kid will fear nothing
- Meditate on bible verses about God’s love for you
- Jeremiah 31:3 – NIV 3 The Lord appeared to us in the past [a] saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love;
- Romans 8:35-37 – Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered. ”[j] 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
- 1 John 3:1 “See what kind of love the Father has given to us in that we should be called God’s children, and that is what we are! Because the world didn’t recognize him, it doesn’t recognize us.”
3. Confess daily that you know God loves you – speaking is a powerful part of faith —
- Declare God’s love for you – Jeremiah 31:3 — He has loved you with an everlasting love
- Declare God is always on your side – Romans 8:31 – If God be for you – who can be against you
- Declare that you are never alone — Deuteronomy 31:6 He will never leave you nor forsake you
4. Meditate on bible verses that tell you who God is and who you are as God’s child
Bible verses for overcoming fear and guidance for overcoming fear
- Meditate on who is God to you
- Meditate on who are you as a child of God
- Meditate on bible verses that speak about your nature as God’s child – [2 Timothy 1:7 – For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind].
- Meditate on bible verses to remind you of your value as God’s child [1 Peter 2:9 -But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.]
- Meditate on bible verses to remind you that you are powerful and nothing can harm you [Luke 10:19– I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.]
Important Guidance and bible verses to Remember to overcome fear
Faith is not automatic. Spend time meditating on bible verses for overcoming fear. You must be committed to reading, studying, and acting on God’s word to grow in your faith. living your life by God’s word to Your actions must be based on God’s word. You must feed your daily on the word of God (Colossians 3:16) and refuse to accept any thought into your heart that contradicts God’s word( Proverbs 4:23). Remember the following:
- Faith without works is dead
- Be committed to study God’s word daily
- Faith in God will require actively applying God’s word to your life daily
To get more tips, check out this blog with this link: How to Remain in Faith