What is Faith in the bible [4 important lessons for Christians]
What is faith in the bible? Faith is absolute confidence that comes from personal knowledge of God – personal revelation from his word. There are 4 important lessons for Christians who will walk in unshakable faith will have no doubt about God’s word
What is faith in the bible?
A Christian who will have faith in God must make no room for doubt. Doubt is being uncertain or unsure about something. The bible says in James that the man who doubts is double-minded should not think he will receive anything from God.
How do you know you have faith in God?
You will be fully persuaded about God’s word. Faith comes from a solid understanding that God is Lord and master over all. With God nothing is impossible. When you are fully persuaded how deeply God loves you—-there will be no room for any kind of fear.
Key Lessons on Faith from the life of Abraham:
Abraham is called the father of faith. Here are key highlights from Abrahams life:
- Abraham at 75 years is promised a son – and God told him that he would be the father of many –
- the promised eventually comes at 100 —
- At 100 years –after this son comes — God tells Abraham to offer this son —to God—
- The bible says — early in the morning Abraham saddled his donkey and took his only son ready to offer him to God
- Abraham was so committed in his faith in God that he was fully persuaded that God could raise his son from the dead
According to Romans 4:20-25 (New English Translation) – 20 He[a] did not waver in unbelief about the promise of God but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God. 21 He was[b] fully convinced that what God[c] promised he was also able to do.
What is faith in the bible?
According to Hebrews 11, Faith is the confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
Key Lessons on faith in God from the life of David
- As a young boy David worshiped and honored God
- David also had great confidence and trust in God –
- In –1 Samuel 17 – we read the story of how David killed Goliath- Goliath was a philistine who threatened Gods people. Everyone was afraid of Goliath – but not David
This is how the bible describes Goliath–
1 Samuel 17:4-7-
A giant nearly ten feet tall stepped out from the Philistine line into the open, Goliath from Gath. He had a bronze helmet on his head and was dressed in armor—126 pounds of it! He wore bronze shin guards and carried a bronze sword. His spear was like a fence rail—the spear tip alone weighed over fifteen pounds. His shield bearer walked ahead of him.
Faith is not automatic— this is important!!! The heart is a factor for the operation of faith – that’s why you must guard what you let into your heart – guard your heart with all diligence for out of it flows the issues of life (Proverbs 4:23)
How do you walk in Unshakable Faith in God as a Christian?
By What you hear
Romans 10:17 – Christian Standard Bible – 17 So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the message about Christ.[a]
By What you say
- Mark 11:23 – New King James Version – 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
- 2 Corinthians 4:13 – New King James Version – 13 And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, “I believed and therefore I spoke,” we also believe and therefore speak.
By What you do
Biblical faith is the trust and commitment to do Gods Word – not just hear it. Always trust God and be committed to God’s word.
James 2:19 : “You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.”
The demons believe that God exists, and they may even know more about God than people do, but they do not have faith in Him. Unfortunately, many people have the same kind of belief that the demons have, but that it is not sufficient for their salvation.
To Learn more about faith check out this blog post: How to trust God always