To deal with bullies and toxic people at work as a Christian, know who you are, refuse to be intimidated by anyone, and depend on the wisdom from God’s word. You spend 8 hours of more in the work place and God does not want you to dread being in the office because you have to deal with challenging people. By God’s word, you can learn how to handle toxic people:
- You can know how to address challenging moments with toxic people biblically
- You can know how to never let them get to you
- You can know how to stay focused and trust God to deal with them
To deal with bullies and toxic coworkers are work, be committed to dealing with them God’s way
People who are toxic and narcissistic people thrive on controlling, bullying, and manipulating insecure and timid people.
For us Christians Jesus is our example; Jesus had to deal with challenging personalities. While engaging with people who challenged Jesu, he was never intimidated by these personalities because he know who he was. Jesus always asserted who he was, his purpose, and his relationship with the father:
John 6:38- “For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”
When you know who you are as a child of God you are not intimidated by anyone. You are secure in God’s love.
2. To deal with bullies at work and toxic people, you must understand that toxic people are miserable and unhappy people
Proverbs 4:10 – Wicked people are always hungry for evil; they have no mercy on anyone.
3. To deal with bullies and toxic people at work, always walk in love: never become like them- remember you are God’s child
I know it sounds challenging but you can do this by the Help of the Holy Spirit.
- Misery loves company – when you get mean and nasty – it is a sure way to relinquish your joy and peace as Christian.
- Remember when you walk in love – you walk in God and abide in him. abide in him.
2 Corinthians 10:3-6 – International Standard Version:
3 Of course, we are living in the world,[a] but we do not wage war in a world-like[b] way. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not those of the world.[c] Instead, they have the power of God to demolish fortresses. We tear down arguments 5 and every proud obstacle that is raised against the knowledge of God, taking every thought captive in order to obey the Messiah.[d] 6 Once your obedience is complete, we will be ready to reprimand every type of disobedience.
4. To deal with bullies at work and toxic people, remember you are never alone; God is work you always!
- The law of the New covenant is Love. Stay in love
- God sees everything – you are never alone
- God guarantees you that you will never lose
Romans 12:19 – New Living Translation – Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, “I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the LORD.
To learn more about how to deal with bullies at work and toxic coworkers check out this blog: How to deal with toxic people at work