Having many activities does not actually mean you are productive. It is important to know how to be productive everyday. Productivity is measured by accomplishing defined goals. Productivity must always be assessed with expected outcomes. Without defined and clear goals, it is easy to get derailed and fall into the rut of much work with nothing to show for it.
3 keys for every Christian to be productive everyday
To be productive everyday, be smart about your work by totally depending on God; you can accomplish much more with God’s help.
- Ecc 10:1 – If an iron axhead is blunt and a workman does not sharpen its edge, he must exert a great deal of effort; so wisdom has the advantage of giving success.
- Ecc 10:15 The toil of a stupid fool wears him out, because he does not even know the way to the city.
To be productive everyday, be clear about what needs to be done to accomplish your goals and be productive everyday. Your schedule should not be full of activities that don’t affect the bottom line.
Proverbs 6:6-11 ESV
Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest. How long will you lie there, O sluggard? When will you arise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest.
To be productive everyday, pick your friends wisely:
- Proverbs 12:26 The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
- Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
- Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.
To be productive everyday, remember that you don’t have to be everywhere. Be wise with your time; you don’t have to attend every function or go everywhere.
Psalm 90:12 ESV / – So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.
Important things to remember
Not everyone who is busy is actually productive. It is important to be productive everyday. To be productive you must create zero tolerance for meaningless work. Remember we will give an account to God of how we spent our time – God is interested in you being fruitful.
To get more tips about how to be productive everyday, check out this blog with this link: How to get rid of clutter in your life.