The Christian life is much more than —– getting what you will eat, clothes, to wear, having a good life. If you don’t understand this you will miss so much of why Jesus actually came and what he accomplished for you and for me.Why do you need to know this? Because honestly – sometimes it will appear that Life is primarily be about paying bills, getting food to eat, and a roof over your head — while all these are important— even the bibles tells us that there is much more to life than this
∎ Your knowledge— what you understand of God and yourself is so vital to your life on the earth —- Hosea 4:6 — My people perish for lack of knowledge
∎ — The understanding of God’s kingdom is important —- you cant afford to be ignorant about this
∎ Your life on earth – has a divine purpose – not one person just appeared on this earth — you must understand God divine purpose
∎ If Jesus’ coming was just to get you to heaven, then the moment everyone gets saved they should go to heaven.
∎ Several verses in the bible reveal why Jesus came — you must understand them
- John 10:10 — The thief commeth only to kill, to steal, and to destroy but I have come that you might have life and have it more abundantly
- 1 John 3:8 — \For this reason the son of God was manifest to destroy the work of darkness
Seek first the kingdom—- if you don’t know what the kingdom of God is, how can you properly seek it?
Jesus made very clear statements about his purpose on the earth — why he came and what he came to accomplish
Jesus preached the gospel of the kingdom — the good news about the kingdom——- and this message is God’s agenda for you.|
In Hosea 4:6 — God said about his people —- my people perish for lack of knowledge
The kingdom of God is mentioned about 150 times in the new testaments.
- Mark 1:14-15 — Mark 1:14-15 14After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God. 15” The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”
- Luke 4:43 — Luke 4:43 43But he said, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.”
- Mathew 24:14 – Matthew 24:14 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
Paul – proclaimed the gospel of the kingdom several times
- Acts 19:8 – Acts 19:8 Then Paul went into the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God. Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God.
- Acts 20:25 – 25 “Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again.
- Acts 28:30-31 – Acts 28:30–31 New King James Version (NKJV) 30 Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house, and received all who came to him, 31 preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him.
When you get born again —- you come into a new kingdom — to function successfully in any kingdom — you must know how the kingdom functions —–
So What makes a kingdom – a kingdom?
∎ A king— The Lord Jesus — Isaiah 9:6-7 — Rev 19:16
∎ The sphere of his reign– the terrain/territory that the king’s agenda is fulfilled
∎ Subjects — the people and everything that belongs to the king (Isaiah 2:2-3)
Why must you understand the message of the gospel of the kingdom???? Because it is good news to you about Gods great agenda for you because of his love for you.Don’t be deceived —- the devil also has an agenda towards you —- this agenda has not changed from the beginning —– his agenda is to keep you in the dark on two things:
- who God really is
- God’s great and wonderful agenda for mankind (for you) and what God has done for you in Christ
- how valuable and precious you are to God
The best analogy I can give you is this —– how many of you have gone through college or university —- you had to study for exams, you had assignments to complete, you had events — some tough, some difficult — but you had a bigger picture and a bigger purpose and a larger agenda which was to obtain your university degree. Quitting during the tough times was not an option if you understood the importance of the primary reason for going through your university program.
Well God had a great agenda to accomplish through your life here on earth. Staying focused and remaining focused on his great purpose allows you to soar through all the great moments of life. Your life is much greater than the things that happen in your life every day —- because your life isn’t defined by the days or moments. Your life is defined by God and God’s great agenda.
Going back to my university analogy —- some exams you take may not be pleasant — but are necessary, you don’t get distracted because while you are in school — you are on an assignment and there is a reward at the end that is worth enlisting in the University. Most universities share statistics of the number of students who enroll but later drop out of their university programs. The reasons may be different but the result is still the same —- those who drop out fail to stay on course to get the desired reward for enlisting in the university in the first place
The day every man, woman, boy, or girl gets born again —- they give their life to Jesus and come into God’s kingdom. God has a will and purpose to fulfil in every life of his children. The bible says that God’s desire is that all come to full maturity and through each of us God desires to reach other and bring them into his kingdom. There is a reward for believing and following God’s word every day but you and I must stay focused and committed until the end.
Rev 2:26-27 – 26 To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations— 27 that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’[a]—just as I have received authority from my Father.
LUKE 9:62 NIV – Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”
LUKE 9:62 NKJV – But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.