Declutter now to prepare for 2022
Declutter your mind and heart – God can’t do much for you with a cluttered mind and heart!Two place the bible speaks about that affect the course of your life – are your mind and your heart. God wants to do great things in your life but if you are not ready — you won’t be able to receive it.
God told Abraham in Genesis17 that he would be the father of many nations but it took 25 years before Abraham could receive this word from God. Abraham experienced the delay in receiving the promise because he was not ready. You can’t hack your way to receive the manifestation of God’s word. Abraham slept with his maid to get a son and he got Ishmael; a son outside of Gods will.
Decluttering your life prepares you to receive from God:
Gods plan will always be obtained through God’s way –God’s way will always come with peace and joy
Your mind isn’t a trash mind or the gutter — what you allow into your mind and your heart — are seeds that will determine the results of your like
We must not normalize clutter – clutter is the result of chaos and lack of order — it may manifest in your finances, relationships, or the appearance of your home
Luke 6:45 – NKJV – 45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil [a]treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.
Proverbs 4:23- Common English Bible
23 More than anything you guard, protect your mind, for life flows from it.
So what is cluttering? Cluttering is to fill or cover with scattered or disordered things that impede movement or reduce effectiveness,
When God speaks to you – if you have a cluttered heart – you won’t be able to hear
If God gives you instructions – with a cluttered life you won’t be able to follow him effectively
If God gives you opportunities – with a cluttered life you won’t be able to take advantage of them
So what does a clutter-free life look like? A clutter-free life will have the following:
- Order – order is having things prioritized based on importance
- Structure – structure is having things prioritized
- Discipline — discipline is the ability to follow anorderly or prescribed conduct or pattern of behavior – based on set standards
I hear a lot being said about having a balanced life -but it actually having an ordered life – without ORDER in your life – you will have clutter. There is a difference between balance and order —
• I believe your life should be ORDERED and not balanced. Balance has the assumption that everything has equal importance —
• but somethings are more important than others — ORDER and structure allows you to identity the priority of everything and structure helps you organize your life
Philippians 4:8 is a key verse to use to determine what to allow in your mind and heart:
• Philippians 4: 8 – 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.